Author: Marie Sheehan
Global Reviews is better than anyone else at helping Travel Insurance Providers to measure, track and optimise the effectiveness of their marketing and digital strategies.
This summer we will run the next round of our UK Travel Insurance Industry Digital Sales Effectiveness programme. To be involved please contact us.
The findings will help you improve your online conversion and build customer loyalty. Our insights will help you to maximise the digital customer experience through an actionable assessment of the digital sales journey from the customer’s viewpoint.
Study: Q2 2014 UK Travel Insurance Industry Digital Sales Effectiveness
Date: June 2014
Providers being benchmarked: Aviva, AXA, Columbus, Cover For You, Direct Travel Insurance, Flexi Cover, Insure & Go and the Post Office
If there is another company you would like to see included in the benchmark, please let us know
Related (free) white paper:
Q4 2013 UK Travel Insurance Industry Digital Sales Effectiveness
Related recorded webinar:
Findings from the Q4 2013 UK Travel Insurance Industry
Last Year’s Results
In Q4 2013 we ran a Digital Sales Effectiveness (DSE) study into the UK Travel Insurance market and the average score across the industry was 53% This means that some providers were failing* to meet the needs of their customers online. So it will be interesting to see how that digital sales effectiveness score has changed over the six months. To be involved please contact us.
*From our 14 years of experience of collecting and analysing data on over 35,000 consumer interactions and over 500 companies each year, we know that a Digital Sales Effectiveness score of less than 55% means that a company is failing the customer.
• We deliver actionable insights
• Our results are based on evidence and cannot lie
• We take subjectivity out of your decision making
• While Insure & Go (58%) and Columbus (60%) are the only two UK Travel Insurance providers meeting the needs of their customers online, there are still areas for improvement. Insure & Go is particularly weak at promoting the online channel, whereas Columbus isn’t great at facilitating external comparison
• The Post Office gives the best digital customer experience across the ‘Introducing Options’ and ‘Evaluating Options’ stages of the online customer journey
• Across the online customer sales journey, convincing customers to buy online from them (as opposed to e.g. buying over the phone) i.e. the ‘Channel Selection’ phase, is UK Travel Insurance providers’ weak point. We know the steps they can take to dramatically improve this and reduce their call centre costs
UK Travel Insurance Providers – Three things we can tell you to optimise online sales:
To get the granular degree of insights please contact us
1. How to make it easier for your customers to buy online from you
We can tell you what’s making it difficult for your customers to buy from you online, as we are the only research company globally that identifies the difficulties that 95% of prospective customers experience on your website. We also let you know how you compare to your competitors and to best practice leaders internationally.
2. How to make winning digital sales plans with absolute confidence
We take subjectivity out of your decision making, as the actionable insights we deliver are based on evidence and cannot lie. We are the only company who can provide absolute proof of the sales effectiveness of your website. Our four dimensional approach is based on the evidence, behavioural studies and audits of ‘in market consumers’ which we overlay with our own industry best practice audit.
3. Where to find everything you need to measure, diagnose & improve you digital sales effectiveness
We deliver your results and insights within a single environment via our portal. This means that everything you need to analyse and action is in one place, where you can find a dashboard of your key customer and performance metrics across each stage of the customer journey.
To arrange a call back or meeting to discuss this study in more detail, and find out more about the full scope of the research as well as the actionable insights Global Reviews deliver please contact us
To register your interest for our free webinar on this study or to receive our free white paper, please contact us