How Do Consumers Find The Online Experience Of Looking For A Credit Card?
Global Reviews researched 400 in-market credit card consumers across desktop and mobile channels. Our research identified the issues that 95% of consumers are experiencing online. The evidence from our research programme, Fruition, is showing that when users encounter problems while trying to find fees, up to 13% of users will abandon the website to check out a competitor instead.
Is your credit cards acquisition journey helping users find the right credit card that suits their needs and are the options presented on your website easy to understand?
In short, these are the three best practice tips to optimise your conversions online:
- Enable easy direct comparison between cards
- Use for instance; tick box side by side comparison or concertinas
- Rationalise and match the features promoted on account list page to increase ease of scanning and comparison
- Use icons and larger text to make features easier to scan
- Put the same features next to each other and indicate where options are not available
- Elevate reasons to continue browsing: using hero images and menu options
- Clearly define the benefits of your product
Top 4 Credit Card Brands Optimising Conversions:
MBNA and Lloyds offer lists, and the consistency of layout makes comparison easier.
American Express promote reasons to apply up the top of product pages. On compare pages, card images float down the screen as users scroll.
Pop up messaging appears when the consumer does not scroll right, notifying them that more content is available. This could be used in a number of scenarios to aid mobile usage.
Simplified sticky headers and the ability to remove a product from comparison makes it easier to compare than at most other banks.
Global Reviews specialises in helping top brands worldwide convert more of their ideal customers online, through the use of the most advanced research methodologies. To find out more about how we can help you and your digital teams, or if your brand would like to be included in our next round of FRUITION research, please contact:
Hannah-Rose Farrington – Senior Commercial Director
T: +44 (0) 203725 8260
M: +353 (87) 1263043