Author: Marie Sheehan
Last year we conducted a Digital Sales Effectiveness (DSE) Mobile Phone Provider benchmark in the Australian market. In June we will run this study* in the UK and it will be interesting to see they compare!
Some of the findings from the Australian study include:
- Overall the Australian mobile phone provider industry is not meeting customer expectations online
- Providers are not engaging customers upon initial interaction. This inability to successfully motivate customers beyond the homepage is prohibiting potential customers from positively engaging with the website and the company itself
- Virgin AU was the top performer scoring above the industry average in this area by offering an uncluttered home page allowing customers to find what they were looking for
- When attempting to find a match for their needs 52% of customers indicated that they experienced a problem doing this
- The most common problems encountered were the long journeys to find the information they need and knowing where to start looking for it
- With an average of 36% the industry doesn’t score well when helping to facilitate prospective customers through to purchase
For more information on the Australia DSE please download our free report
Imagine if UK mobile phone providers knew:
- Why they are losing customers online (and to whom)
- Why their website traffic is increasing, but sales don’t
- Why competitors are winning their customers online
These are just some of the actionable insights we deliver.
Five things our Digital Sales Effectiveness programme can tell UK mobile phone providers:
- How to optimise their digital customer journey and increase sales
The data and insights from our industry programmes have a direct, measurable and positive impact on online sales conversions and customer loyalty
- Their digital sales effectiveness score
We measure and score the sales effectiveness of their website based on “in market consumers’ ” evidence, behavioural studies and audits overlaid with our industry best practice audit. A four dimensional approach which yield results that cannot lie
- What to do with the data
Best practice recommendations from our experienced Client Advisory team are evidence based (rather than opinion) and a direct result of running the largest syndicated programme of studies internationally
- The problems almost all customers encounter on their websites
We identify the difficulties 95% of prospective customers experience on your (and your competitors’) websites
- How they compare to their competitors
We give you the granular degree of insight that shows UK mobile phone providers and their competitors at each stage of the online customer journey
*Announcing the launch of the UK Mobile Phone Providers Digital Sales Effectiveness (DSE) programme June 2014
Organisations included in the study: Carphone Warehouse, EE, Lebara, O2, Orange, Phones4U, Talk Talk, Tesco Mobile, three.co.uk, T-Mobile, Virgin Media and Vodafone
In June we will run the most advanced study ever conducted focussing on how well UK mobile phone providers’ websites are meeting the needs of their customers.
The findings, which will be available in July, will help mobile phone providers to measure, track and optimise sales on their online sites.
Our programmes and actionable insights are designed to take out subjectivity which enables our clients to make decision making and sales planning with absolute confidence
To arrange a call back or meeting to discuss this study in more detail, and find out more about the full scope of the research as well as the actionable insights Global Reviews deliver please contact us.
To register your interest for our free webinar on this study or to receive our free white paper, please contact us.