Global Reviews has discovered that energy providers in the UK and Ireland are losing an average of 69% of in-market consumers who are looking for a new supplier. 41% of users says this is because another brand offers better value.
Our recent Fruition study also shows that UK and Irish energy providers consistently fail to help users understand the differences between their products, and why a specific tariff suits their needs. This is a critical omission, given the influence of value and price on final decisions.
Furthermore, 56% of Irish consumers go into the research process with a preferred brand, often because they’re a current customer, but almost two thirds of them (64%) change their mind during the research process.
So how can energy brands showcase their value more clearly for users and meet the requirements that drive prospects to choose their product? We found out.
- They have the best deals/offers
- I am a current customer
- I trust this company
- I have used them before
- They are a reputable brand
Our upcoming Fruition Energy webinar will focus on how to promote the above to your prospects and existing customers, to further optimise your conversions. We will do so by focusing on the best energy sites internationally as well as showcasing best practice examples from within the industry.
- WHY are our target online customers, who are in-market to buy our products, who are doing in-depth online research across multiple providers, who have potentially got a quote that matches their needs and then shortlist us as their chosen provider, then choosing one of our competitors and not us?
- WHAT actions can we take (based on learnings from companies around the world) that will enable us to win more of the customers that we are currently losing?
- HOW can we independently validate the decisions we are making as regards our online sales and marketing strategy?
Global Reviews specialises in helping top brands worldwide convert more of their ideal customers online, through the use of the most advanced research methodologies. To find out more about how we can help you and your digital teams, or if your brand would like to be included in our next round of FRUITION research, please contact:
Hannah-Rose Farrington – Commercial Director
T: +44 (0) 203725 8260
M: +353 (87) 1263043